Saturday, August 30, 2014

Another Fly for Specks and Reds

I got some #Fish Mask from the #Flymen Fishing company a couple of weeks ago and I've been wondering what to do with them. This morning, I'm sitting at my desk thinking an upcoming trip to Southport and the flies that I wanted, when this came to mind. 
 
First, I learned that the Fish Mask can be easily colored with a #Copic marker system, which opens up all kinds of possibilities. Recognizing red and white as staple color pattern for saltwater species the idea formed.  It's obvious that there's nothing ground breaking in the way that this fly is tied in that is simply another variant of wooly bugger, but the Fish Mask does make it stand out.  

My recipe:
  • TMC 9394 or equivalent 4xl Streamer hook, size 2
  • #5 Fish Mask
  • 5mm Living Eyes (wind)
  • White Marabou
  • Pearl Krystal Flash
  • White Saddle Hackle
  • White Estaz
  • 210 Denier Flat Waxed Nylon Thread, White

No comments:

Post a Comment